[Terrapreta] Fwd: Fwd: Global Carbon Cycle

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Tue Jun 5 23:23:41 CDT 2007

So we'll be hostage to whoever we're in debt to for carbon? Russia perhaps?
We've tried to do a JI/CDM project in Russia. We wanted to use the value of
the carbon credits to build local renewable energy projects. The government
has to authorize the sale of the credits to foreign governments. They want
50% or nothing. Guess who benefits? When everyone gets their piece there is
not enough value left in the carbon credit to do the project. Bolivia has
been the same. It's all about politics and nothing to do with environment.
Countries are better off managing their own carbon to live within their
(our) environmental means.

Tom