[Terrapreta] Fwd: Fwd: Global Carbon Cycle

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Wed Jun 6 09:11:18 CDT 2007

Hi Tom,

I think your numbers here might be somewhat inflated, but are reasonable.

The USA physically CANNOT settle our carbon account, only at home, with only USA land, and with only the ALL of the biomass in the USA.  We are well beyond "carbon-bankruptcy" and have been for many years I suspect.

Now what?

Can you imagine the progress we could have made by taking all of the money spent and being spent still on that f..cking war in Iraq and instead had used it to try and do something to remediate the effects of Global Climatic Change, which is being caused by the US in very large part?

Does anybody see any value yet in the loss of life (3000+ dead young Americans)?  Does anybody realize that we will be paying for a lifetime of medical expenses for 20,000+ severely disabled American soldiers?  And, we did this all for what?  We pissed off thousands of more terrorists, created thousands more terrorists, and we are going to leave the country of Iraq in ruins, where the terrorists will run rampant after we leave.  It will be anarchy with oil revenues.  The treasure in lives and capital, that we have lost, and the time we have lost may be insurmountable.

You break my heart, when you talk about the Iraq war.