[Terrapreta] I wish to unsubscribe

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 23:19:24 EDT 2007

On 07/06/07, Michael J. Antal, Jr. <mantal at hawaii.edu> wrote:

>  I too plan to unsubscribe by the end of this week if my mailbox does not
> cease to be littered with messages that have no technical content and no
> lasting value.  I cannot hit my delete button quickly enough to keep up with
> the litter that I am receiving.
>

> Activity on list waxes and wanes like the moon.
Those who find a lot of posts hard to cope with, might like to sigm up for
the "digest" mode where a lot of posts are sent out daily in one email
You can quickly scan these for those you want to discuss, read or reply too

Discussion groups/lists are a bit like panning for gold
It is only occasionally you get the worthwhile "nugget" you have been
waiting for.
Often they may point you in a diffent direction.
Frequently they challenge your assumptions.
Occasionally there is even serendipity

There are always the web based discussions like hypography and permaculture,
where you decide when and where.
 However these lack the immediacy and sense of community that a discussion
group can bring to  a topic.
You often get heated moments in DLs as people discuss ideas that are close
to them.
Passion is a great motivator for action & learning, just don't take it, or make
it personal
You just need to chill a little and keep it rational.

If you think this group is busy join the Chili list

Off now to try some more sugar on my chillies
michael