[Terrapreta] Energy Industry Needs Terra Preta?

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Fri Jun 8 13:10:10 EDT 2007

Since Kelpie has strayed from a strictly  Terra Preta oriented message to
provide an article on a related, but likely less desirable alternative
energy technology, I'll dare to point to an article I initiated in Alberta
Oil: The Magazine.

http://www.computare.org/publications.htm  >>> "March 2007 - Environment
2.0: more energy is less"

It is the heavily edited result of a long article I submitted, and is
related to a paper I published on energy and carbon dioxide management which
is linked by this list. This short article still retains an oblique
reference to the terra preta concept. Unfortunately, my original citing of
Danny Day and Eprida was edited out. The magazine has responded positively
to my proposal for another  article on Terra Preta.

I think the Alberta Oil industry audience is potentially important to terra
preta. The industry is very concerned with carbon dioxide management. They
are contemplating spending billions to manage it. An article in the paper
this morning mentioned $5 billion for a proposed CO2 pipeline for combined
oil recovery and CO2 sequestration. The oil sands industry is having a major
impact on land as well. Some of that impact can be viewed from Google Earth
by zooming in on Fort McMurray. That land will need rebuilding.

Duane