[Terrapreta] Charcoal Supply

UBAJEKWE Pascal backbonetechnologiesltd at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 09:30:44 EDT 2007

This message was sent to the list. It is an example of existing supply.

Tom Miles

--------------

Dear Sir,

We are Backbone  Technologies LTD, a leading exporter of quality hardwood
charcoal in Nigeria. We use the best selected hardwood from the tropical
forest in the western part of Nigeria to produce hardwood charcoal  that
maintain the pure scent of natural charcoal.

PRODUCTION OF HARDWOOD CHARCOAL
Hardwood charcoal is the blackish residue in lump form consisting of  carbon
obtained by removing water  and other volatile materials from hardwood in
the absence of oxygen.This process is called charing.Charing is a process of
incomplete combustion that often occurs when hardwood  is subjected to heat.
The product is called hardwood charcoal.                          .
Our workers go to the forest with our cutting instrument to cut down pure
untreated hardwood and the hardwood are cut into smaller sizes. After that,
billets of  hardwoods are pilled  in our kiln and an opening being left at
the botom of the kiln to admit air with a central shaft to serve as flue.The
whole pile is covered with moistened clay. Ignition is at the bottom of the
flue and gradually spread outward and upward and allowed to burn for between
16-24hours during which all the hardwood must have been burnt to
charcoal.Charcoal made in this process  maintains the pure scent of natural
hardwood charcoal.
It is important to note that we do not use chunk hardwoods in making our
charcoal.

Charcoal export started in Nigeria in 1904.
We are presently discursing with a company that intends to sale a charcoal
briquette equipment to us and when that happens we will start producing
charcoal briquettes which will be first of its kind in Nigeria and the
Briquettes are formed by a misture of charcoal dust(charcoal lump grinded
into dust) with starch and other organic binders.

SPECIFICATION
7% less humidity
more than 75% fix carbon
5% ash content
long burning 3-5hours
non smoke
non sparkling
odourless100%
chemical free.

Product: Hardwood charcoal

Origin: Nigeria

Size of the product :10CM -20CM, 5CM -10CM, 1CM - 5CM.

Price/metric tonne:  FOB/210USD/Metric Ton packing in 25kg woven pp bags pp
and sewn with industrial sewning machine.

Port of delivery: Your port

Port of Loading:Apapa Tincan port -Lagos-

Packaging:  .  As advised

Payment term: FOB/TT/LC at sight..

Delivery Date: (a)15 to 21 days  after comfirmation of order

The buyer can appoint an international inspection agent like Societe General
de Surveillance SGS or by any other international recognised international
inspection agent at buyers cost (Optional).

We are lonking forward to having a long term business relationship with your
company.
Attached is a picture of our product.

Rergards,
Ubajekwe Ikenna Pascal