[Terrapreta] commercial charcaol.

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Wed May 9 09:08:36 CDT 2007

Michael,

I understand that there are circumstances in the US where non-biomass
materials such as bitumen can be used in briquettes for fuel use. I don't
requirement for these companies to disclose ingredients below a certain
level, or whether they have be tested. I have not seen any test data of
commercial briquettes that would show this kind of composition. Most of the
cautions Ihaveseen about using commercial briquettes had to do with the high
alkalinity of barbecue ash.

While in Korea last Fall I noticed an article in the paper that reported on
high levels of heavy metals in charcoal fuel briquettes made from refuse.

Tom