[Terrapreta] More on clay/pottery etc

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed May 9 20:42:08 CDT 2007

Dear Dina

Very interesting!! It could also possibly explain the depth of Terra
Preta soils. The Olla Jars may have been surrounded by char, as a way of
enabling uniform water distribution throughout the soil growing volume.

It would be very interesting to see if any Archaeologists attempted to
re-assemble shards, to see the shape of the vessel the shards came from.

Best wishes,

Kevin