[Terrapreta] John's tests May 16, 2007

John G. Flottvik jovick at shaw.ca
Wed May 16 20:56:57 CDT 2007

Hi Tom.

Here is a new set of photos.

[See images at: http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/jfbiocarbonpotsmay16 ]

There are 5 seeds of spaghetti squash in each pot. The photos are self
explanatory, but one thing I have noticed is how the different seeds grow.
For an example; Although the carrots are very (barely showing) small, they
are about the same size across from pot 1 to 6. The corn is only good in pot
3-4-& 5. You can barley see them in the back row. Green onions are about 4
inches in pot 2-3-4-& 5.

I noticed in one post some soil testing equipment. For a home hobby project
like mine, can someone suggest what I should have to help determine
properties of soil and mixes I am working with? As I'm working with
financial fumes, a bare minimum would help.

Michael;  Un-scientifically, my pots with the most charcoal, pot # 2 takes
almost a minute for the water to disappear from the top, while all the rest
soak trough immediately. I think charcoal holds water longer that just soil.
That's my 2 cents worth.

Thanks in Advance.

John Flottvik

JF BioCarbon.TM