[Terrapreta] Pottery Shards

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Thu May 17 03:52:50 CDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to Terra Preta and I'm not a soils scientist,
just a tree-hugger who thinks that TP might be the
solution that we've been looking for.

I have been intrigued by the mystery of the pottery chards
found in the ADE soils. Yesterday, I discussed this with
some mushroom experts. Our conversation ended up
speculating that pottery shards might have been used
to spread applications of fungi. My friends said that
baked clay would be an excellent medium for incubating
mycelia. We speculated that the Amazonian Indians might
have laid out pottery shards in particularly fertile areas
in the forest where fungi were growing. Then they
might have used these "inoculated" pieces of clay to
"spore bomb" the fields in order to improve productivity.

Has this possible scenario been discussed or investigated?

Lou Gold

My blogs:
(English) http://lougold.blogspot.com/
(Portuguese) http://visionshare-pt.blogspot.com/