[Terrapreta] biochar and sugarcane growth (reply to AD Karve)

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat May 19 17:35:09 CDT 2007

Jeff,

Possible? Yes. Desirable? Yes. Worth it to the mill owner? That depends on
the value of the char. Making char requires a significant investment and,
more importantly, it is a different business than making sugar. For some
reason the mill owners always want to see a profit.

How many Mr. Charcoals do you need per hundred tons of bagasse per day?

Tom