[Terrapreta] Soil test and CEC

joe ferguson jferguson at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 2 18:13:11 EDT 2007

My recollection is that activated charcoal is produced industrially with
a final step in which it is heated in a retort to a very high
temperature (1000C or more) UNDER VACUUM so that volatile material is
driven off.  It must then be properly cooled and stored in an
hermetically-sealed container to prevent it from absorbing miscellaneous
contaminants from the atmosphere.