[Terrapreta] Soil test and CEC

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Nov 3 21:09:08 EDT 2007

CEC has been documented by researchers like Julie Major at Cornell. Listing
we have on the Terra Preta Website:

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/search/node/CEC

Soil nutrients have also been tested. See documentation of the Ogawa work in
the Indonesia. See:

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/search/node/ogawa

Results for a search on "nutrient" n the Terra Preta site:

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/search/node/nutrient

As far as I know there is little data for field crops on temperature soils
as recently requested by farmers from Minnesota and Southern Illinois. It
would be useful to see more work like the strip tillage deep banding
technique used with the Oil Mallee charcoal in Western Australia. Does
anyone know the current status of that trial?

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/taxonomy/term/32/9

Thanks

Tom Miles

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org