[Terrapreta] Soil test and CEC

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Sat Nov 3 21:27:59 EDT 2007

Tom, et al - In case I haven't said it before, I'm a deeply
experience biological farmer outside of Washington DC. I grow annual
and perennial vegetables and have a large flock of laying hens, as
well as small herds of cattle and swine. I'm well versed in
biodynamics, the Albrecht method, CEC, soil foodweb and effective
microorganisms.

I mention this because I'm ready and willing to set up char-related
trials in my vegetable beds. I don't even need funding to do so, but
I do need char or access to char.

 From the many papers on terra preta and char and agriculture I've
read, it's clear to me that the involvement of experienced biological
farmers in studies related to char and crop production is sorely
needed.

If anyone has the missing pieces, I'm ready to go.

PS Salesmen need not call.

_Allan Balliett
Fresh and Local CSA
POB 3047