[Terrapreta] Fwd: research/use interest

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 01:49:28 EST 2007

To: "Adelmann, Char" <CharAdelmann at edinarealty.com>

Have you done any research before or known anyone who has?

The idea is to control as many variables as possible so any effects results
you get can be attributed to the thing (char) you are testing.
For example you might divide a paddock with the same soil in 4.
Leave  one 1/4 as is(your "control" plot) and treat the other three with one
thing say different amounts of char

Taking reading of pH  and any other soil variables before and after etc
would help too

have you got a Uni or school nearby that does Horticulture and can help?

Have a look at the Carbon Challenge that is being sent to schools at the
moment.
(There have been some recent posts on this)
MA

On 03/11/2007, Adelmann, Char <CharAdelmann at edinarealty.com> wrote:

>  Wow this sounds cool!
>
> We farm in southern Minnesota.
>
> Our crops are soybeans and seed corn. Not organicL
>
> The land is clay/sand we do have some peat.
>
> Our interest is in how we could help in the research of biochar.
>
> Is it possible to create some to test on our fields?
>
> We appreciate any direction you can give us.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan and Char
>
> "Farmers for a better future"

Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf