[Terrapreta] CCS-Caps and trade or Carbon tax (where is buriedcharcoal?)

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun Nov 4 16:41:18 EST 2007

Larry

I looked at the EENews video interview with WRI. WRI noted that only 5% of
the public have heard of CCS. Very few who discuss CCS, including the
thousands involved in the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
Mitigation Report, mention the possibility of sequestering with charcoal.

I think history has shown there is a little danger policy effective policy
will actually be implemented before the problem and solutions are
sufficiently well known and defined. So far we've just been subjected to
multi billion dollar huffing and puffing. Hopefully it will stay that way
and not move into trillion dollar ineffective actions.

I also noticed the E&E journal requires a subscription. The price is well
hidden. The titles advertised reflect the endless inane discussion we've
come to expect from the climate change - greenhouse gas management lobby.
It's hard to imagine anyone paying for this service when we are barraged
daily with similar articles for free. I suppose some will though.

Terra Preta enthusiasts might as well ignore the hubbub. They could be
sucked up in the swirling vortex of recycled discussion to the detriment of
establishing - or not - the viability of the Terra Preta solution.

Losing it,

Duane Pendergast