[Terrapreta] Anthropogenic casue for Global Warming

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 00:11:06 EST 2007

On 08/11/2007, Duane Pendergast <still.thinking at computare.org> wrote:

>  Michael! I wonder how that alleged increase of water vapor was determined
> and what the base case of comparison is? Is it an assumption of increased
> evaporation from global warming? Warmer oceans? Inferred from some other
> kind of

 Duane
Here is the article
http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2007/2056685.htm

I do not know how much the area of water surface was increased by the
> construction of dams above the existing area of water surface in the oceans
> already.    Wouldn't you think so?

Yes intuitively you would. but I remember reading an article about this and
being shocked by the area of new man made lakes we had made in the last
70-100 years.
I am sorry I read this along time ago and I read so many environment science
type articles I can't remember the details..
(Later toady-got to go now-I wll see if I can support my bold assertion with
some facts via google.)

This is "two birds with one stone"!  Why not?  Why isn't "biochar" (charcoal
> made from biomass) the best choice for Terra Preta Nova?

You will get no arguments from me on this.
Although i would like to see most char come from pyrolisis so the energy can
be harvested and as many polluting gasses as possible are contained. The
rush to make char in the backyard worries me a bit.

I think TP is the best way of sequestering carbon I have seen or read about.
That is why I keep protelyzing  about it
MA
AKA
MB