[Terrapreta] Anthropogenic casue for Global Warming

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Thu Nov 8 00:54:39 EST 2007

Hi Michael,

You will get no arguments from me on this.
Although i would like to see most char come from pyrolisis so the energy can be harvested and as many polluting gasses as possible are contained. The rush to make char in the backyard worries me a bit.

I think TP is the best way of sequestering carbon I have seen or read about. That is why I keep protelyzing  about it

Oh yes, I agree too.  Make charcoal with a pyrolysis reactor that harvests the sensible heat, the fuel containing producer gas, generate electrical energy (with both if you can), and/or use that energy to automate the carbonization of biomass processes (feedstock drying, loading, gas movement, charcoal unloading, etc.), make charcoal, and put the charcoal into the soil, and possibly make liquid transportation fuels (synthetic diesel, ethanol, methanol, from Fischer Tropsch conversion of "synthesis gas").

It a veritable flock of birds with one stone! ... To get energy, charcoal, fuels, and sequestration from the a pyrolysis reaction, using just plant based carbohydrates as the feedstock.

    This is "two birds with one stone"!  Why not?  Why isn't "biochar" (charcoal made from biomass) the best choice for Terra Preta Nova?

  You will get no arguments from me on this.
  Although i would like to see most char come from pyrolisis so the energy can be harvested and as many polluting gasses as possible are contained. The rush to make char in the backyard worries me a bit.

  I think TP is the best way of sequestering carbon I have seen or read about. That is why I keep protelyzing  about it
  MA
  AKA
  MB