[Terrapreta] range fuels

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Nov 9 10:36:43 EST 2007

Dear Duane

Thanks very much for your clarifying comment.

Shortly after I posted a reply to Kelpie, someone posted the Range
Website, where the explanation of their technology was given. Sean's
explanation is "bang on."

Iogen is big on enzymatic hydrolysis, and they employed the steam
explosion method to "open" the wood. See:
http://vtwood.forprod.vt.edu/discovery/pdf/Steam%20Explosion%20Pilot%20Plant%20Sheet.pdf

Best wishes,

Kevin