[Terrapreta] Tender offered for a design for a simple biochar cooker - or pre-made unit

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Nov 16 09:43:49 EST 2007

Dear Rob

Congratulations on your success in getting funding for your Project.

Could you please tell us more about your "cooker requirements?"

For example:
1: Is it for inside or outside use?
2: What size of char do you propose to use?
3: What do you want to cook?
4: Is space heating an advantage or disadvantage?
5: Is a stack or exhaust hood desired or permissable?
6: Are CO and particulate emissions an important or unimportant
consideration?
7: Is efficiency an important consideration?
8: Is appearance an important consideration?
9: Is size and weight an important consideration?
10: Is durability an important consideration?
11: Will the cook be available for frequent attention, adjustment, and
refueling?
12: Is the cook already familiar with charcoal fueled stoves?
13: Will the cooker be used 3 times a day, or perhaps only for the
occasional meal?
14: What "cooking power" do you require?
15: How much is your Target Market willing to pay for such a cooker?
16: Other parameters or specifications????.....

Best wishes,

Kevin