[Terrapreta] IPCC Summary for Policy Makers

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sun Nov 18 08:54:09 EST 2007

Dear Erich
Shengar at aol.com wrote:
> This IPCC menu of remediation fits TP to a T, However they don't say
> the C word (charcoal), our friends at Biopact at least know that
> Biotic-Carbon-Capture & Storage, (CCS) , and 'negative emissions
> energy' should read Charcoal to the Soils.
>

> http://biopact.com/2007/11/ipcc-scientists-call-on-bioenergy-and.html
This is peculiar indeed!! I think it detracts significantly from their
work, in that it suggests a studious attempt to avoid any suggestion of
"distributed carbon control." More specifically, it suggests that they
are supporting central plants and big industry, to the exclusion of
newcomers and small business. It also suggests a hidden agenda, a
support of central control, and an imbalanced approach to dealing with
the problem.

Best wishes,

Kevin