[Terrapreta] TP theft.

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu Nov 22 20:18:15 EST 2007

Dear Sean

I am missing the point you are trying to make.

If we consider Amazonian Terra Preta to be an agricultural soil with a
high inorganic carbon content, then I would pose the following for your
consideration:

* Amazonian Terra Preta does not need pottery shards to be an effective
growing medium.
* Pottery shards are evidence of human activity
* Pottery shards in "black earth" is not evidence that the black earth
was used as Terra Preta for growing crops.
* The absence of pottery shards in "black earth" is not evidence that
the "black earth" has not been used for productive agricultural purposes
as Terra Preta
* Terra Preta could have been made and used by the Amazonians for crop
production, using swamp sludge and other such natural sources of
inorganic carbon.
* The presence of "black earth" is not evidence that Man had anything to
do with its manufacture
* The mere presence of "black earth" is not evidence that it was used by
Man for growing,

Did I cover your point of concern? If not, please state it. Of course,
you are invited to discuss the pro's and con's of the above statements.

Best wishes,

Kevin