[Terrapreta] heat energy: stoves vs. thermo biopiles

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 23 13:19:35 EST 2007

Jeff,

I like the idea of hyour thermo biopile.

Composting to produce energy definitely has the advantage of
producing a much better fertilizer- the compost - than ash from
burning.  But it seems that less total energy is available by
composting, though if the biomass had to be dried before burning, the
resultant net energies might be conquerable?

A company in Canada (Global earth Services/Products) sells a compost-
maker with a built-in heat exchanger.  They claim to capture 80% of
the energy.  I interpret this "80%" to be 80% of what would be the
combustible energy.

http://www.globalearthproducts.com/heat_extraction.htm

Gerrit