[Terrapreta] FIeld and Nursery Trials

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Nov 24 14:15:07 EST 2007

Sean,

We put the abstract and link to the Cornell paper you have cited on the TP
site in March at:

http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/node/154

Have these greenhouse studies been followed up with field trials? There is
probably some work in progress.

How do we stimulate more parametric studies of this kind on field crops of
interest? You try things yourself and your success generates the academic
interest. A logical step would be to work with our local universities,
extension agents and experiment stations.

We also need to be clear about the objectives. Maximum yield is probably at
the expense of some other value. The challenge is finding the minimum
addition that is practical to apply and results in a worthwhile product
while maintaining or improving soil fertility.

Winter is  good time for planning.

Tom