[Terrapreta] compost and charcoal

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sat Nov 24 18:36:04 EST 2007

Dear Gerrit

This sounds to me like a great idea, with no downside.

I have seen references to the fact that char reduces soil NO2 emissions.
It might do this by adsorption of teh NO2, or it might help create
different "soil mechanics" that result in retention of the NO2 as NO4.

Additionally, there might be a significant absorption of what would
otherwise be "manure tea", that might leach away.

Please keep us posted on anything else you might find.

Best wishes,

Kevin