[Terrapreta] compost and charcoal

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun Nov 25 11:39:58 EST 2007

Kevin, David, Lou

I included the following quotation from Henry Janzen (now a Nobel Prize
winner as one of the IPCC scientists ) in an article on Terra Preta I
submitted for publication.

"Soil scientist Henry Janzen, of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, points
out that "soil organic matter is far more than a potential tank for
impounding excess CO2; it is a relentless flow of C atoms, through a myriad
of streams-some fast, some slow-wending their way through the ecosystem,
driving biotic processes along the way" through the provision of energy and
nutrients."

Now I'm going back to my hole for a while to promote nuclear energy as an
alternative to bio-energy. My goal is to ensure there will be enough
available energy  left in the organic material returned to land to "drive
the biotic processes" Mother Nature needs to make Terra Preta.

Duane