[Terrapreta] Fwd: Re: compost and charcoal

mmbtupr at aol.com mmbtupr at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 13:13:12 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mmbtupr at aol.com
To: kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sent: Sun, Nov 25  9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Terrapreta] compost and charcoal

from  Lewis L Smith

  From the agricultural experience of myself, my wife and my parents [
30
years running organic beef cattle ] I am inclined to support those who
argue that microbes and inter-particle space are as important as
fertilizer in getting nutrients from the soil into the plant. In other
words, plant nutrition stands on a "three legged stool". This plus
water are usually the keys to good yields.