[Terrapreta] ethanol media blitz

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu Nov 29 14:48:36 EST 2007

Dear Lou

I wento their Cornulator Page, where tehy calculate the cobs of corn
used and teh BBl's of fuelk saved, using one of their vehiclesd, and
knowing the expected annual mileage. See:
http://www.gm.com/explore/livegreengoyellow/

For 20,000 miles in a Suburban, I'd save 42 BBL Oil, and would use 29.3
cobs of corn. That seems like an excessively huge savings claim.  That
is trhe equivalent to 1 BBl of oul saved for each cob of corn nused to
make ethanol.

This doesn't seem to hang together. Anyone have an explanation?

Best wishes,

Kevin