[Terrapreta] Dynamotive to invest $105 million

MMBTUPR at aol.com MMBTUPR at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 08:42:00 EDT 2007

               to   Terrapreta List               from   Lewis L Smith

Ref Dynamotive's proposal to invest $105 million in a "second generation"
biofuel-powered generating station in Argentina.

Thanks to "Shengar" for bringing this to our attention.

Although the interest for the List is in Dynamotive's interest in terra
preta, it is great news for bioenergy in general. This means that Dynamotive has a
lot of confidence in its process.

In my experience, having once tried to get them to come to Puerto Rico, they
are a cautious outfit, one which plans its moves carefully, procedes at a
measured pace and   moves only when it is ready.

Note that Dynamotive's biofuel has about have the energy density of a middle
distillate derived from petroleum so that in retrofits, one must upgrade
burners, pumps, pipes and tankage. This process best lends itself to "grass roots"
operations with generators designed to run on biofuel, rather than middle
distillates, such as cycle oil, kerosene or No. fuel oil.   I believe that this
situation is fairly typical for pyrolysis oils.l

Cordially. ###