[Terrapreta] Fwd: weekly gasification / terra preta meeting in the bay area, california

jim mason jimmason at whatiamupto.com
Wed Oct 10 22:53:53 EDT 2007

we are moving the weekly time for the "gasifier geek night" to saturday, as
friday eve is not working well for many.  the new regular time is saturday,
noon to around 5pm, still in berkeley at 1010 murray street.

we will starting this new time this saturday and continuing all saturdays
from here forward.  anyone in the bay area is invited.  those coming from
further afield can find free local couches and "camping" if needed.

our goal with this to grow somewhat of a "homebrew computer club" of
gasification and related terra preta topics.  a regular time for those
interested in anything across the broad spectrum of thermal biomass
decomposition to gather and collaborate.  part show and tell.  part scheme
and speculate.  part build and rebuild.  or just show up and learn, using
the tools you otherwise do not have at home.

the current group is of mixed abilities and backgrounds.  from stanford, UCB
and NASA scientists, to junkyard welders and gearhead wrench turners, and
everything inbetween.  you will likely fit right in.

so come join us.  there is much to do, and very few doing it.

jim

ps- here's the original announce

On 10/5/07, jim mason <jimmason at whatiamupto.com > wrote:

> the www.mechabolic.org project is starting a weekly meeting for all
> things gasification and terra preta in the bay area of california.
>
> this weekly meeting will start with a focus on elaborating the fuel
> processing and gasification skids, as well as terra preta test beds,
> from the mechabolic project.  but more generally, it is intended as a
> regular meeting and geeking session for all forms of thermal biomass
> transformation and related agricultural interventions.

this will be an open work and collaboration time, in a fully stocked