[Terrapreta] Charcoal Specification Development

code suidae codesuidae at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:57:46 EDT 2007

I started a Windows workhorse app and have posted it to my website:

<http://codesuidae.net/misc/BioCharTester.zip>

Don't get too excited, this is in an extremely raw format. All the
data entry screens are auto-generated and no effort is made to provide
defaults, enforce rules, etc. The point is mostly to let me play with
the entity model to see what changes need to be made. Already it is
obvious that I've got way to many 'details' or 'description' fields on
things, and a few fields missing or in the wrong place (Attribute
doesn't have any fields for example).

I included a small XML database of sample data, this should help
anyone who wants to look at it to visualize the relationships
intended. The XML schema is internal to the application and is not
intended as a data interchange format.

Dave K

--
"Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know." -
M. King Hubbert