[Terrapreta] Pee AKA human urine :)

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:36:34 EDT 2007

The ABC TV garden show recommends urine for all citrus.

My Dad and I used to always go out at night and help along the corn. A nice
father/son thing to do.:)

In the Australian gold fields in the 1840-50's the Chinese were paid to take
away the "Night Soil" as no one else would touch it.
Of course they then used it on the veggie gardens and sold the scarce
veggies back to the thousands of prospectors, making a tidy profit both from
the sanitation services and the vegetables.:)

Yes we do have strange idea about bodily wastes.

One final story, the local Council makes (made?) a fantastic compost from
sewerage waste and seaweed. They called it "Mary Mix' after an especially
smelly council employee.:)
I talked to the engineer about getting some and he said he'd love to
sell/give me some but there were too many insurance problems in case I
contracted the plague or whatever.

ma

Must see that movie one day

--