[Terrapreta] Praire is natures way of making terra preta.

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 09:56:04 EDT 2007

Yes, very interesting suggestion. I also have been wondering about the role
of fire (natural and managed) in building soils in both forest and grassland
ecologies.

I not sure where you are located but,  if you are speaking about the deep
soils of the US Midwest, they were mostly deposited by glacial scraping of
the lands to the north. Unlike, the Amazonian dark earths they did not grow
on site.

lou