[Terrapreta] Praire is natures way of making terra preta.

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 10:41:15 EDT 2007

Hmmm. I grew up in Illinois and was taught that the deep rich black loam
soils were "pushed" to their present locations as advancing glaciers scraped
away the top-soils to the north. Is this an incorrect view?

I think my wording was a bit inaccurate.  All soils grow through nature's
processes.  My  point was simply that they did not grow to the great depths
in the Midwest as they did and do in the Amazon. Soil that grew to the north
was deposited along with native growth.