[Terrapreta] You Are What You Grow

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Tue Sep 11 17:58:48 EDT 2007

Hi Peter,

I think you are on point.  Was Childhood's End was written by Arthur C. Clarke, though?  It's science fiction, isn't it?  There are lots of books that support this view; that we have taken, taken, and taken more than the Earth can give to support us in some places (like soil).

Read 1491, by Charles Mann and Guns, Germs, and Steel, by Jarod Diamond, for some fascinating history on how we got to where we are.  Then read Collapse, by Jarod Diamond again, and maybe Childhood's End, by Arthur C. Clarke, for the view on where we are headed.