[Terrapreta] Pure Organics Vs. Biological Agriculture

Edward Someus edward at terrenum.net
Tue Sep 18 23:17:55 EDT 2007

Dear Kevin,

Just short reflection on your notice ".............., but nobody knows if
adding char to soil is economic, .............."

Here you have an European group, who is clearly stating and confirming that
adding char to soil is economic for low input and/or biological cultivation,
resulting high quality product output, directed to  Consumers with high
awareness.

Our work field is from applied science to industrial scale, including
development, design and implementation of large bio-carbon industrial
systems, including extensive soil testing in different soil and climatic
conditions, which sooner or later will open the way for an industrialized
Terra Preta production and market segmentation in the EU and USA. We also
put in extensive efforts to get proper scientific understanding carbon in
soil, so we united the European science in this question, from The
Netherlands, Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, Israel, Hungary, Sweden in the
European Union FP6 project. In a new 8 million Euro budget frame soil carbon
programme pre proposal we expanded  our ongoing works to all European 27
European countries.

If you look at TP from conventional high input farming point of view where
quantity production is the goal for no/low awareness consumers, than you may
find that TP is slow action with no immediate term addon economy.  But
looking at the market tendencies, this is not the case, as Consumers are
more aware of food quality now than 20 years ago, at least in Europe and the
US.

WE work for all European projects (for the European Union FOOD SAFETY
COMMISSION), in which specific carbonized plant biochar and animal bone
charcoal are adapted into different soil cultivation, in different climates
in different countries, and combined with novel solid state fermentation and
formulation. The many years development programme is in matured phase and we
will make dissemination  2008.   Www.terrenum.net/protector

For your question ... " How should the char be made"..... Pls visit www
terrenum.net/
Right now I am designing and building an 30,000 t/year capacity char plant
in US Indiana, although this for plant is for Clean Coal energy not for agro
soil application.

Sincerely yours: Edward Someus (environmental engineer)
Terra Humana Clean Technology Engineering Ltd.
(ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified organization for scientific research,
technical development and industrial performance engineering design of
agro-biotechnological and pyrolysis methods, apparatus and applications)

ADDRESS: H-1222 Budapest, Szechenyi 59, Hungary
TEL handy:  +(36-20) 201 7557
TEL / FAX:   +(36-1) 424 0224
TEL SKYPE phone via computer:  Edward Someus
WEB:   www.terrenum.net