[Terrapreta] Wanted! samples of experimental data

ch braun brauncch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 01:13:03 EDT 2007

Bonjour tout le monde,

[Sean]:
"It helps me to stay believing, too, that we will, by synergy, solve the
problems we encounter, and we will succeed in making the Terra Preta
phenomenon help us solve these great world problems."
Exactly, we, small fresh drops spread all over the world will eventually, by
joining our efforts, make this huge wave which will overwhelm all problems
and misconceptions :-)

Well, back to the topic... I am working on the charcoal specification, more
precisely on the form that will allow to submit easily (i.e.  in a
"user-friendly" interface) the experimental data , which the tool will then
convert automatically  in a "machine-readable" format suitable for the DB
and for other tools for analysis.

Now what would be useful for me is to have a better idea how people who make
trials have registered their data so far. So it would be really great if you
could give me more details about your way of registering data...and maybe
send  a small sample of some of your records?
For now it's not such the "what", i.e. the content of the recorded results
which matters (of course it's better if it makes sense!) but rather the
"how", i.e. the file format (e.g. excel spreadsheet...), the fields you
considered, whether you always use the same template and so on.

The more different examples I get, the better I can design an interface
which makes charcoal testers' life easy!

Thanks a lot,
Christelle