[Terrapreta] if yer not forest...

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:59:11 EDT 2007

Easy Brother,

It's a mis-communication. The 'region' I was referring to is specifically
the present-day vineyard areas, oak savanna areas in counties like Sonoma
and Mendocino. (Not something like the full Bay Area or the vast California
areas of dense urban sprawl.) I don't have the quick reference but the
managed landscapes of oak savanna are thought to have once supported higher
density populations than reside within those landscapes today.

I sent the "reality check" post precisely because I didn't want to trigger
folks into thinking that I'm a future-primitive advocate. Yes, I believe
that there needs to be industrial scale responses to industrial scale
problems.

Thanks for giving the opportunity for clarification.

lou