[Terrapreta] Char made made under pressurized conditions?

David Yarrow dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
Sat Apr 5 14:39:52 CDT 2008

i am encouraged by the imagery of hot steam forcing water vapors deep into
the dense networks of micropores in charcoal.  a steam treatment should
rapidly reduce char's initial resistance to absorbing water.  might even
induce a few explosions and ruptures to the cellular celluose matrix of
micropores -- ripping open larger channels for macroscopic lifeforms to join
the community.

and since i'm most certainly making my char for soil enhancement, i
definitely intend to quench my first 2008 batch of hot char with sea water.
not just water, but sea water, to inject a full spectrum mineral solution
into the char, and thus improve its potential as microbial habitat.  the
sooner microbes find water and a full menu of minerals, the sooner they will
take up residence in the char.

for a green & peaceful planet,
David Yarrow
44 Gilligan Rd, E Greenbush, NY 12061