[Terrapreta] The Science of Terra Preta Formation

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sat Apr 5 17:28:44 CDT 2008

Dear Tom

Tom Miles wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> One example is petrography used by paleobotanists and archaeologists to
> identify the mineral components in terra preta pottery shards, as described
> in references like Amazonian Dark Earths.

That good work is more of an observation of what we can see now about
Terra Preta, but it tells little or nothing about how Terra Preta was
made, or how to make it now. That is more "The Archaeology of Terra
Preta", rather than "The Science of Terra Preta Formation."

Once a credible theory or hypothesis for Terra Preta Formation is
presented, THEN we will know what archeological evidence to look for to
confirm or negate the hypothesis.

There is much archeolgical evidence about pottery shards in TP. As far
as I know, nobody has presented a proven, credible explanation for the
presence or purpose or significance of the pottery shards found in TP.

Do you have a credible explanation for why the pottery shards, as
Archaelogical realities, are found in Amazonian TP?

Best wishes,

Kevin