[Terrapreta] The Science of Terra Preta Formation

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sat Apr 5 18:09:10 CDT 2008

Kevin,

Much of the list discussion has actually been about the archeology and
anthropology - where and how people lived an what they may have put into the
pile or pit - such that as described in:
http://terrapreta.bioenergylists.org/node/581

My archeological experience has only been pawing through middens during
rescue digs in southern England, which is hardly fertile ground for learning
about terra preta.

Do some research and find the answers in "biogeochemistry" and enlighten us.

Tom