[Terrapreta] Welcome New Members

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 5 21:59:37 CDT 2008

Tom,

  Thank you for organizing this list.  I have not been following along too
closely recently, but have had quite an interest in Terra Preta since first
hearing about it late last year.  In fact, I have been discussing potential
trials here in Ontario with a colleague of mine who has also been discussing
the issue with individuals at the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Farming
and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA), as well as a local organic farm family who seems
open to the possibility of conducting some field trials on a portion of
their land.  My colleague and I recently attended an Ontario conference
called "Growing the Margins", where we discussed Terra Preta trials with
many people there, including researchers at the Ontario Federation of
Agriculture (OFA), and there seems to be some interest in the subject of
performing field trials.  One notable name I see listed below is Duane
Pendergast, whom I met at the EIC Climate Change Technology Conference in
2006.  I believe that Duane, although based in Alberta, may be interested in
knowing that there have been discussions with regard to potential organized
scientific field trials in Canada and may with to contact me in order to
discuss further, where appropriate.

            Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist

            Thornhill, ON, Canada

            905-707-8754

            647-886-8754

  _____