[Terrapreta] The Science of Terra Preta Formation

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 20:10:09 CDT 2008

You are very right.

Question: I know that the particular wood type can heavily influence what minerals are left ( you know, soft woods tend to concentrate and leave sodium while hard woods tend to concentrate and leave potassium ), what do the woods of the Amazon do?

The type of wood that char is made from may be as important as anything else.

We know that the soil is acidic in the Amazon, but, what is the working ions that make it acidic, it's not sulfates, sulfites, or some thing else is it?

Greg H.