[Terrapreta] Char enhancements and testing

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Apr 6 00:09:49 CDT 2008

Hi Rex,

ASTM 1762 is the "Proximate Analysis" test for charcoal.  It gives the %moisture, %volatile matter, %Carbon, and %ash content in a charcoal sample, all on a weight/weight basis.  I have sourced 2 places in Minnesota where it would cost $150-$200/sample to perform.  I expect to build/get my own lab facilities to do this kind of testing (starting specifically with ASTM 1762) myself.