[Terrapreta] Fw: (maybe controversial)

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 16:47:46 CDT 2008

Sean,

"Understanding and solving the problem of GW and GCC is beyond a religious
and political need in our lives, I think."

How can anything important be beyond politics and religion?
Politics is the way we come to collective action (the ancient Greeks worried
about this and gave us the word). Religion means "to bind to something" just
as yoga means "to yoke to something". It means a strong discipline.

You say you like Gore's talk. He said that the primary problem is the
absence of political will. And as to religion, the problem is that it is so
shallow and superficial that the priests of consumption can sway people with
their advertisements. It took a powerful religion to help the Amish resist
the temptations of rampant materialism.

No, we don't need to go beyond politics and religion. We to get to them and
their promise.

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets
http://youtube.com/my_videos