[Terrapreta] Fw: (maybe controversial)

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 23:43:27 CDT 2008

Sean,

When you say,

"I just do not see the value in using it religious or political affiliations
support our cause or enact our work to combat GW/GCC."

my only response is that I AGREE.

But it also makes clear to me that when you and I use the words "political"
and "religious" we are speaking about totally different things. I, for
example, was not using the words in an institutional sense of
"affiliations." I sense that you are actually challenging (or feeling
challenged by) something deeper but I don't quite get it and I don't want to
second-guess you. All I was saying is that I believe that it will be a great
day and a powerful synergy when science and belief figure out how to work
together and that it might take something that radical to meet the
incredible challenges that we face. On the other hand, if what needs to be
done can be done in simpler ways -- that are somehow neither political nor
religious -- I'm all for it.

--
http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets