[Terrapreta] Terra Preta Future Goals?

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 17:58:46 CDT 2008

Hey Sean,

China is adding a large coal-fired electricity generating plant at the rate
of one per week.

India just got world bank green light for one of the largest coal-fired
plants ever built.

Brazil announced today the discovery of what may be the third largest oil
reserve in the world.

etc, etc.

How would you stop this? With war? With catastrophe? With an amazing new
technology? But surely not with reason.

My thought is a massive publicly-funded war on global warming (subsidies for
retrofitting for energy efficiency, appropriations for R&D, etc) in order to
head off a painful recession. In other words, start taxing again -- big time
-- like in other wartime situations prior to Iraq. And gain popular support
through all the jobs that can be created.

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets
http://youtube.com/my_videos