[Terrapreta] "Terra Preta Nova Development Plan" ?

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Tue Apr 15 01:16:33 CDT 2008

Hi Lou et al,

Yes.  We can all agree to disagree and to disagree agreeably.  But, I feel this useless banter over very complex issues can stifle activity and productivity like nobody's business.  Can't it?  Excepting for the ones who's business is to stifle activity.

But, agreement on something?  Now that is fruitful grounds for synergistic communications, activity, and perhaps enhanced mutual productivity.  That is the sort of understanding and inter-working that I'd like to go after in amongst this 'terrapreta' list group.

That said, ... What can we agree on and work towards together?

AGREEMENT #1: For ALL of us, Terra Preta Nova (making Terra Preta soils anew, in the 21st century) is good for something ?

Anything else useful for giving us a direction to go on, or furthering us along this line, let's out with that for a while now.  Please, not more continued disagreement on things we disagree on.

Let's make Terra Preta ...  For whatever reasons we might have.  I'm thinking this means were discussing topics like a) Making charcoal-from-biomass, b) Putting charcoal-in-soil (for some or other reason), c) How to make that charcoal cleanly?  d) What kinds of soil, from putting charcoal into, will work better agriculturally, and why?, etc.  Do you know what I mean?

Reading those trying to expound the definitive answer to disagreements and defensive rhetoric has grown so very tiresome.