[Terrapreta] Ponder the Maunder

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:10:01 CDT 2008

Jim and All,

Yep, institutional change is really hard -- except as under a special crisis
approach (ie, big budgets). When the budgets suddenly appear everyone
scrambles to learn fast. I'm not there but I suspect that extension agents
were not talking about ethanol not too long ago. But things change.

And, yep, I surely know the problems you cite Jim and very much agree that
we've been losing the battle. But TP really made me hopeful and now I
welcome the words of Hansen. Change is not neat, but I think it's happening.
The money and markets can come from char. Truly, this is the BIG new
development. And I can talk to the average person about it. I've tried and
they are fascinated by the TP story in a way that I've never seen concerning
soils. There is a real power there.

OK, that cheer-leader talk. That's what I do. Thanks for your understanding
and encouragement.

lou

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets