[Terrapreta] shaping the debate

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Thu Apr 17 11:40:55 CDT 2008

Hi Greg,

Excellent thinking , Greg!  I agree 100%.  McCain lowering the gas tax for the summer will only give a few bucks back to Americans.  It will do nothing to stem the flow of oil from the middle east.  It will do nothing to reduce emissions.  In fact, it might increase emissions.  Greedy Americans will buy more gas when gas is cheaper.  I think anyone who drives a car in the US would be lying if they said a reduction in the gas tax would do otherwise than make them be more inclined to buy gas.