[Terrapreta] Terra Preta Specifications

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Apr 18 22:34:14 CDT 2008

Dear Lou

lou gold wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I just re-read Scott Bidstrup's, Saving the Planet While Saving the
> Farm. I recommend it to you/. (maybe you already know it?)
> http://www.bidstrup.com/carbon.htm
> /

Thanks very much. A very good article.
> /
> I'm sure that many of the details need to be better understood and
> worked out but I think he lays down a pretty decent basic picture.
> Also, my suspicion is that by Terra Preta Nova Sean simply means
> carbonization of the soil along with some other useful amendments and
> good practices but I'll let him speak for himself.
> /

I see his general concept, but in order to take action, one needs to do
something specific. Without guidance that would come from a recipe or
specifications, we would all be going in different directions, and we
could expect very mixed results. We can't simply "put a bunch of char in
the soil, and hope for the best." Having a recipe or specification would
result in much more good being accomplished.

Best wishes,

Kevin